Waterproof Pocket Digital ThermometerPart No: PDQ400 (3807774)
Waterproof Pocket Digital Thermometer
The PDQ400 Waterproof Pocket Digital Thermometer with Thin Tip Probe is compact and slim and has a thin probe tip for fast response. The 1.5mm probe is ideal when chefs check the temperature of thin foods like burgers. The PDQ400 Thermometer is waterproof so ideal for use in busy, steamy kitchens and can also be used to check commercial dishwasher cycles.
There is also a handy data hold feature on this Pocket Digital Thermometer which enables the user to temporarily hold the digital reading on the screen while they note a measurement.
The PQ400 Waterproof Pocket Digital Thermometer has a protective case for safe storage and transportation.
- Accuracy ±0.5ºC / ±1ºF
- For use in Commercial Dishwashers Only
- Thin tip probe
- Response in under 6 seconds
- Extended range -4º to +400ºF / -20º to +200ºC
- Auto power off
- Maximum temperature hold
- Slim profile fits flat in pocket
- Data hold to freeze a reading
- Withstands constant use in wet or humid conditions
- Field Calibratable
- Five year limited warranty
- BioCote® anti-microbial protection
Field Calibration Procedures
Follow the instructions below to check the calibration of your PDQ400 Waterproof Pocket Digital Thermometer
- The thermometer is only calibratable in slush ice solution (60% crushed ice and 40% tap water) or a water bath. Do not attempt to calibrate in any other manner.
- Immerse the stem of the thermometer to at least half length in the slush ice solution.
- Wait for the reading to become stable (usually ±2° of +32°F / ±1° of 0°C).
- Press and hold the CAL button for 8 seconds to begin calibration.
- CAL will be displayed for two seconds and calibrate at +32°F / 0°C is completed.
- Remove the thermometer from the ice water and continue to take measurements.
Watch the ‘Slush Ice Thermometer Calibration’ Video by clicking on the ‘Knowledgebase’ tab (above).
Note: CAL will be displayed any time the CAL key is pressed for 7 seconds, but the thermometer will not be re-calibrated unless the top is inserted in ice.
|Temperature Measurement Range||-20°C to +200°C / -4°F to +400°F|
|Accuracy||±0.5°C / 1°F|
|Sampling Time||1.5 seconds|
|Response||Under 6 seconds|
|Probe Tip Diameter||1.5mm|
|Battery Type||1.5 V Button Cell battery (LR44)|
|Conformance to EU Regulation 1935/2004 ('Framework' Regulation on all Food Contact Materials)||Yes|
|Stem (Shaft) Material||SUS304 Stainless Steel|
|Warranty||5 Years limited|
*You will need to Sign In to view additional content